It all began in 1996.
Kafe Kokopelli is housed in a century building built in 1916 by the Ford Motor Company for Model-T sales and service. The front of the building on Meridian Avenue was the show room and sales offices up until the mid 1970's. The back of the building, which is the main entrance, on Live Oak Avenue, was the garage which hosted the service bays and mechanics. When Ford built a new location just outside of town the building hosted several businesses over the next twenty years. The building was bought and renovated into a 200 seat restaurant.
The name Kokopelli comes from the south-west Native American Indians. Kokopelli, the flute player, was considered the God of Mischief and Fertility. Kokopelli legend has it that he came into the villages each Spring with a sack of seeds to ensure a successful planting and harvest each season.
“One of 12 Tampa Bay Restaurants flying under the radar. A must try”
- The Tampa Bay Times -
Winner of The Taste of Pasco, three years in a row!
- Leadership Pasco -
A "Top Ten" restaurant in the Tampa/Central Florida area, as rated by Open Table Diners!
- Open Table Oct 2022 -